Pages

Feb 7, 2011

CNY Manicures

A quick post on the manicures I did for CNY, so this will be a relatively short post. First up, was a guest nail I did. I wanted to work with more different shapes and sized of nails so I have a wider range of "canvas" to work with.

It's the first time I'm doing my cousin sister's nails and her nails are really cute and tiny considering the fact she's only four years my junior. She was attracted to the bling factor of China Glaze's Rated Holographic so I used it as her base colour. Check out the bling!
Not one to just leave a manicure just plain, I decided to stamp some designs using my Bundle Monster plate bm15. I used the small flower image as a bigger image may not look very nice since she has tiny nails and I didn't want the nail art to draw focus away from the awesome holo.
Mind you, the bling you see ain't your regular glitter. Holographic goodness which shouts "Look at me!" and unlike glitter polishes, aren't a total nightmare to remove. Was opaque in two coats as her nails were short so no VNL (Visible Nail Line) was found.
A close-up of the flowers. I initially wanted to stamp them in red but she wanted something more obvious so we opted for black instead.

Once I was done with the three manis and one pedi (the others were just basic mani so I didn't bother taking any pics), I proceeded to do my own CNY manicure. I was pressed for time so I decided to do yet another marble design. Not really my favourite as all ten nails where completely different in design but still loved the effect.

I used three different shades of red for this water marble. Sally Hansen's Hot Red, China Glaze's Rated Holographic & TMI. Somehow TMI didn't show up much on the marble design probably due to the reason it was a very close shade to Rated Holographic but you can still barely see some of it in my left hand's middle finger and right's index finger. Just barely...
I'm calling this one Swirling with Prosperity™. Now if only I can catch up on my older nail posts... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nail Art Express

FashioNailsta

Powered By Blogger
 

Nail-ChitChat Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada