Pages

Jan 8, 2011

Christmas Came a Wee Bit Later for Me

I didn't get much presents for Christmas this year. Mostly the ones I got were from the gift exchange we organised with Secondary schoolmates and my ex-colleagues. I got one other surprise present from a friend who is currently working in Australia. She had her boyfriend pass it to me since she's not around. It was very sweet as I wasn't expecting any presents as I have already informed friends not to get me any as I can't afford to get them one as I was at that point, jobless so every penny I have had to be saved.

I did a spree a few months back from this girl in Lowyat forum but since she has decided to stop spreeing, I see no point in adding a link to her forum lest you all get disappointed. I might start my own polish spree but that will be in the future when work settles down a bit and I get used to the momentum.

I figured since it was her last spree I went all out. Shelled out around RM400++ as it was going to be her last spree (kiasism is strong within me). I thought I'd have to wait til 2011 to get my hands on my final haul from her and was pleasantly surprised when she informed me a day after Christmas that the goods had arrived. I quickly made my final payment (400 at one go is a lot and this sweetheart let me pay in installments as it was my 3rd spree with her) and informed her so she could sent out the goods.

At that point, I figured I'd definitely only receive my stocks after New Year's and had to start planning my new year manicure. Since I was not working then, everyday I'd wait for the postman to come and hopefully carry a huge parcel with him. I didn't have to wait long. I got my parcel on the 30th, a day before the prime minister declared 31st a holiday and I was so relived... See, I wanted to use at least two of the colours for my New Year's Eve marble.

WARNING: Loadsa pictures up ahead!!!
Hugeeeee box containing my spoils...
All bundled up so it doesn't break... Oh... Why so many wrappers??? I want to see the goodies inside... >.<
Another round of protection... (will I ever get to the stuff inside???)
and another... to keep the boxes from shifting around too much
We're on to the last lap now...
First box contained one of the China Glaze Cheers to you 2010 Christmas holiday set. It comes with a free holiday shot glass. Colours from L-R is Midnight Kiss (a gold foil) and Cheers to You (a silver foil). The spree-er? told me there might be a chance that the shot glass might get broken in transit but since the price is the same either way so I decided to take the risk. So worth it.
Second box. Also from China Glaze 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice (2010 Christmas) is Frosty (white shimmer). The other two is Seche Prep (nail cleanser & antiseptic) and Seche Soft (cuticle softner).
Third box held my very first essie (both from Essie's 2010 Winter collection) & Orly polish to date. I'm so excited, can't wait to try em out. L-R: Hot Coco, Cashmere Cardigan (Orly's Spring 2009 Prepster collection) & Going Incognito (all cremes).
Fourth box. More China Glaze Polishes. L-R: Rated Holographic (a holo from their Kaleidoscope collection), Little Drummer Boy (a blue shimmer also from their 2010 Christmas collection) and Ruby Pumps (a red glitter from their Love You Snow Much, 2009 Christmas collection & also Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection).
The fifth box mostly contained all my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. The topcoat to use if you're in a rush and need your manicure to dry like pronto! In between was Color Club's Revvvolution (a black holo from their femme Fatale collection. Somehow the colour in the bottle looked nothing like holo. I'll have to swatch it to be sure) and High Society (a brownish-grey creme from their Rebel Debutante collection).
The sixth and final box also contained China Glaze Polishes. L-R: He's Going in Circles (green holo also from Kaleidoscope collection) and TMI (red holo from their OMG collection).
So that wraps up my belated Christmas present to myself cum haul. I have more hauls to post up (this is my latest so I'll be working my way back from now) and more nailart to come so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nail Art Express

FashioNailsta

Powered By Blogger
 

Nail-ChitChat Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada