Pages

Jan 9, 2011

New Year 2011 Marble

Ok. Time for my latest manicure. After this it'll mostly be posts of me trying to catch up on my earlier manicures. I'll even throw in a few newer manicures for good measure.

I decided to use the colors I got from my latest spree and I was undecided about the colour. I wanted to use both the colours from the Cheers to You Holiday Set but as both colours were too similar I worried they might not show up well on the marble.

In the end, I decided (with the help of Hunts) to go with Little Drummer Boy (blue) and Cheers to You (silver).

For the base, I used one coat of Cheers to You as I wanted the silver to pop out since the blue is the more domination colour of the two.
This was one coat of Cheers to You. It covered well with one coat. You can see a bit of VNL (visible nail line) but I'm sure the second coat would've taken care of it.

I was trying for a different design but it kinda failed in the sense the end result wasn't exactly the same but it still looked nice in it's own way. I had to retry a few times to make sure the blue wasn't dominating the whole design.
As you can see the marble on my left hand for the thumb and middle finger, blue was the most dominating colour. You can barely see the silver streaks but it's still there.
For my right hand, silver dominated my thumb and pinky. Overall I personally didn't quite like this marble but I received a lot of compliments for it. One man's meat is another's poison I guess. Or probably the fact that I know it was not the end result I was going for and the fact I was rushing (I did this exactly on the eve of New Year's) so I had to make do with it.

I have since removed this manicure. I'm still not sure what I want to do as my next manicure. Should I do a marble or a Konad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nail Art Express

FashioNailsta

Powered By Blogger
 

Nail-ChitChat Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada